Thursday, January 20, 2011

Berrrrrr-lin...

The title is the title because it was REALLY cold in Berlin (so I'm hoping that one of my best friends appreciates it... You know who you are :) haha)

Stayed in a crappy mc crap crap hostel (David's Cosy Little Hostel... Not cosy at all. Little.. kind of and more like David's Crappy Little Hostel. Man I'm mean) the first night but then moved to a WAY better one (which the name escapes me and I feel bad). Went to the TV Tower and treated myself to a great dinner at the rotating restaurant, which was my first rotating restaurant ever! Then I did a walking tour of Berlin where I saw pretty much everything.. Including Dunkin’ Donuts. 

Pretty no?

Duck something. Doesn't matter what it was. It was duck and delicious.



Really sobering Jewish Memorial. Completely open air and subject to your own interpretation. 

What's left of the Berlin Wall
 The next day I want to Sansoucci Palace, the summer palace of Frederick the Great. And yes, it was great. (Bahaha I’m so lame). Everything was so elaborate and ornate!

Ceiling of just one of the rooms!

The guy played the flute. King of Prussia and he chooses to play the flute.

I have dreams of getting married in this thing.

Crazy beautiful chandelier. 
 On my way back to the hostel I stopped by the Olympic Stadium. 
And so ends my first Germany adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment