Friday, October 29, 2010

Cork Shenanigans!



Oh my goodness Cork was so fun! It was the Cork Guinness Jazz Festival but truly... there was no jazz to be found. Okay I take it back. It wasn't that there wasn't any jazz, there wasn't any FREE jazz. Herbie Hancock was in town but it was FORTY EURO to get in so I said heck no techno... that's like 10 pints! Oh by the way, that's pretty much how everyone measures how expensive/cheap things are here. Hilarious but also very useful. We did watch a really cool band from Berlin called Beat and Blow that does big band-y type music. The woman who's sings in it has a really cool, raspy voice. Meghan got hit on by a 75 year old pub owner. It was pretty awesome. I do have to say that I spent that Friday in possibly the worst hostel in all of Ireland. Not only was it really shoddy but the people there were TERRIBLE. Meghan and I were having a pleasant conversation with some Dubliners who had gone down for the festival too and then in walk these crazy guys that ask one of the Dubliners where we're from and he says America and the one of the crazy guys looks at us and says, "I HATE AMERICA." Oh and then it just got ridiculous. My jaw dropped but quick witted Meghan got into a debate. I chimed in every once in a while but yeah. Ugh it was ridiculous.

We went to this place called Kinsale. Oh my goodness the town was ridiculously cute. All the buildings were painted really happy colors and it just felt like such a little town.

Kinsale... little town by the water
The whole town was pretty much like this!
Then we took a drive closer to the coast and watched the sunset. It was absolutely beautiful.
Yeah. I love Ireland.

See? Beautiful.

This is the Ireland of my dreams.
Now don't you want to come visit me?


1 comment:

  1. Adam & I totally measure stuff/life by "that's 1 beer-worth". Hahaha. Miss you! <3

    ReplyDelete