Monday, May 16, 2011

Lough Eske Castle

Yesterday Meghan (my flatmate) and I rented a car and ventured up to Donegal where we had a one night "romantic" stay at Solis (Hotel) Lough Eske Castle. I have only stayed at a castle one other time in my life, back in high school with our choir in France, and it was just as good as I remembered... if not better. Better because I wasn't thinking/stressing about random people seeing me (and a bunch of other folk) sing and judge us. Haha. I got a TravelZoo voucher which included a full Irish breakfast and a 25 euro credit to the spa for each of us! And it was only 77 euro all together for the stay! http://www.solishotels.com/lougheskecastle/ ... I'll admit it. I looked at their wedding packages. The only issue (besides me not having any money nor any prospective husbands) would be you kind of never know if the weather will hold in Ireland. Ha. I wouldn't mind but I'm sure many people would.

But oh my goodness this place was gorgeous. (Pardon the crap photos but I of course forgot my camera so had to use my iPhone.)


Meghan really excited for the castle

Meghan really excited to eat lunch at the castle
That night I had half a roast duck with apple and pear chutney with some vegetables and a warm chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream for dessert. Oh and I finally had my first Jameson and cranberry after my surgeries! I was definitely ready for a good night's rest and it surely was. I forget how nice hotel beds can be. And it was so beautiful and quiet!

Today we woke up and Meghan went for her spa treatment and I went down to shove my face with food. It was your regular buffet Irish breakfast food. So good though because you could put as much or as little as you wanted. I also had a small chocolate croissant with coffee. Oh the deliciousness. I then went to my own spa appointment and had the BEST MASSAGE I HAVE EVER HAD. This girl was amazing. She got the two ginormous knots out of my low back that have been plaguing me since the surgery. It definitely was "hurt sooooo good."

Any who, tomorrow the Queen of England arrives but I leave to go to England! Go figure. It's okay everything is getting shut down anyway so it'll just be a hassle to be here. So expect a post about England soonish!

No comments:

Post a Comment