Monday, September 20, 2010

A week gone!

And what a crazy week it has been! From day one it has pretty much been non-stop GO GO GO! It kind of is all a blur now but in true "me" fashion I will go backwards.

Yesterday my flatmate, Meghan, and I moved into our place!!! Yes three exclamation points were needed. I think even more are needed but I will save them for later. It's beautiful. It faces the Liffey River and is really near one of the more hoppin spots in Ireland. (Yes I used hoppin). Unfortunately with that comes the crazy people (mostly tourists) who don't know when to stop drinking so they YELL and CACKLE at oh, most hours of the night. Don't worry. I have ear plugs.

The weekend was fabulous. It was the All-Ireland final Sunday so basically all of Ireland shut down (except pubs of course) to watch IRISH football which is completely nutso to me. It's a mix between soccer and rugby. Meghan and I got up and got a cab to go back to Temple Bar (which is an area full of bars and pubs not just one bar) but then we asked the cabbie where we should go to catch the match and he said, "Oh not there, you want to go to a real Irish pub..." So then he drove us outside Dublin about 15 minutes and we ended up at this SUPREMELY AWESOME place called Strawberry Hall. When we walked in, there were absolutely no women and everyone looked at us like we were nuts. A little bit later, some guys finally started asking us questions and basically everyone wanted to know how we got there. Every time we told the story, they'd laugh. We stayed at that place for about 8 hours. It was absolutely grand.

Before then Meghan, Donna (another classmate) and I have just been milling around looking at places and things. Well me looking at things them commenting on how touristy I am. Haha. I don't care. Until school starts and probably even after school starts I'm still a tourist. I have my camera poised and ready. I haven't taken too many photos but once I finally get them up I promise to post them.

Orientation starts tomorrow and goes til Friday. OH the 23rd is Arthur's day and at 17:59 there's going to be a worldwide toast with Guiness so make sure to do that (if you can handle Guiness of course, I still am trying to). We get connected to the interwebs on Saturday so hopefully I'll be able to update a bit more often after that. Til then, ask me questions in the comment section if there's anything you want to know!

1 comment:

  1. Omg, Irish people don't do carbombs. Which I thought was really weird! Why is called an Irish Car Bomb then?! Anyhow, your football story is so awesome! I hope you run into more extremely kind strangers who help you out to do real Irish things!

    Also, as a side note, can you set up in your blogspot settings to put "like, cool, or awesome" check marks? I'd like to 'like' or 'cool' things on your blog :)

    ReplyDelete